OUR BUILDING PROCESS
Quality home construction takes a minimum of 6-9 months, from start to finish depending on the size of your home. We hire only top quality professionals. We are a hands on builder and we’ll visit your site daily to make sure only quality workmanship goes into your home from start to finish.
So you’ve decided to build a house? During the consultation phase, we meet with you to learn your needs and desires to build your ideal home.
Things to consider are:
- A good tip to help you make some of these decisions is to stand in each room of your current home and write down what you like and dislike about each room. What would you do differently when you have your new home built?
- Is this home a primary home, a vacation home, or a retirement home?
- How many square feet do you require?
- Have you selected or purchased a building site? (if not, we provide Real Estate services as well)
- Do you have a floor plan in mind?
- Do you need design services or modifications made to your existing plans? Cool Mountain Construction, Inc. has a variety of award winning plans available. We have several architects we work with who can create full designs or modify existing plans.
- What are your interior and exterior needs? Do you want a big kitchen; a flat backyard for children to play; no stairs; a garage?
- What is your budget?
- Expected move-in date?
We will be available to help you with these decisions.
We will meet with you at the building site. Things to consider when evaluating the lot are: slope, sun positioning and environmental or code restrictions. At this point, you will pick out plans that are suitable for the lot and we will assist in determining the most appropriate home site on your lot.
Choosing the right floor plan can take a few hours or a few weeks. Take your time! Remember, floor plans can be modified to suit your needs. The layout of your home should match your lifestyle.
You will receive a cost estimate to take to your financial institution. If you wish, we can refer you to a financial institution.
Now, the fun starts! This is when you choose all your fixtures, window styles, moulding, appliances, and color schemes, among other design accessories. While thinking of custom features, take a moment to write them down. This will assist us in determining your interior finishing needs. Feel free to save magazine pictures, Pinterest or Houzz inspirations, and bring them to us.
Your final construction plan will help you receive accurate contractor bids. To save you time and money, we want to get as many details completed during this stage to ensure proper execution of the construction plan
When the final plans are completed, a contract will be signed between you and Cool Mountain Construction, Inc. A payment schedule will be made for your lender. Once a contract and payment schedule are agreed upon, we will begin construction on your new home!
Once you have completed the plans, secured financing, and agreed to a contract and payment schedule, we are finally ready to secure the permits and begin construction! Sit back and enjoy watching every phase of the home construction. We will gladly meet with you weekly and answer your questions and concerns. We encourage you to be a part of the building process by visiting your home regularly to appreciate the changes that take place. If you reside out of town, our staff will keep you abreast of the latest building developments by emailing pictures of your home.
Once the framing is complete, we will do a walk through with you and our electrician to choose placement for all of your fixtures, switches and outlets. We find that our customerS like being part of the process.
Although it is our goal to have all decisions regarding your home completed prior to breaking ground, changes may occur. At this stage we will finalize all necessary changes.
Your home is almost complete! A punch list is made noting items that need attention. We will check all electrical outlets, appliances, plumbing, heating and air units. At this time, we recommend scheduling delivery of your furnishings and transferring utilities to your name.